Residential Duct Cleaning
AAA Heating & Cooling offers air duct cleaning and maintenance services for residential HVAC systems in the Portland and Beaverton areas. The air quality technicians at AAA Heating & Cooling are fully equipped to meet your residential air quality needs and are certified and trained by NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association).
Home Duct Cleaning Services
AAA recommends cleaning ducts in your home once every three to five years, but each home and family will have different needs. You may prefer more frequent duct cleaning if you have:
- Pets that shed hair and dander
- Smokers living in the household, or
- Family members with allergies or asthma
Additionally, it’s always a good idea to schedule a duct cleaning after any home renovation or remodel or before occupying a new home.
Our residential duct cleaning services include routine cleaning and checks of the ductwork in your home. We can also advise homeowners on installing new air ducts and focus on exceeding our customers’ expectations with every HVAC project.
Home Duct Cleaning Process
Our air quality technicians will need to access all areas of your home. The process can take a full day and cannot occur on the same day as any other HVAC or renovation project. You’ll want to plan ahead for residential duct cleaning, as the cleaning process is complex and could affect your household’s normal routine.
Before the Cleaning
The first step in residential duct cleaning is a home visit from our AAA Heating & Cooling team member. During this complimentary initial visit, we will perform an onsite survey by inspecting your ductwork and HVAC system.
Our highly-trained service advisors will discuss your needs and concerns with you and how the residential duct cleaning procedure will work.
Before beginning a residential duct cleaning project, we provide homeowners with a clear blueprint of the process detailing what will be accomplished, including:
- Price breakdown
Our bids contain no surprises. When our duct cleaning crew arrives at your home, they will have the same checklist and proposal provided to you and will be glad to show you each step along the way.
5 Steps of Cleaning Your Home Ducts
- We’ll hook up an 8-inch hose and pipe combination to the plenum (where the ducts connect to your furnace). The hose is connected to our Sani-Vac trucks with large bags that inflate on top of the truck.
- We’ll cover all the registers in your home, engaging our Sani-Vac system, which will create a negative pressure. Suction in the ductwork will begin to pull out all debris and deposit it directly into our trucks.
- We will service each register using 180 to 200 pounds of compressed air, and blow all debris from the register ends back through your ductwork and directly into our trucks. This process flushes out each vent.
- Using a “skipper hose” with the same compressed air, we will break up dust, dirt, and debris clumps that may be attached to the walls of your ducts.
- An air quality technician will finish up by focusing on cleaning your HVAC fan, fan compartment, heat exchanger, exhaust vent pipe, and air conditioner coils, if accessible.
Common Residential Air Duct Issues
At AAA Heating & Cooling, we know how important it is to keep your home’s HVAC system running efficiently. Several different problems could be causing your heating and cooling unit to malfunction, and air ducts are a common culprit.
The following common duct issues could be interfering with airflow in your home.
- Poorly installed ductwork may cause a faulty connection, making it difficult for air to circulate throughout your home.
- If your ducts are insufficiently insulated, your HVAC unit will have to work extra hard to heat and cool your residential space.
- Some residential ductwork is prone to dents, kinks, or other damage, which can interfere with airflow.
- Uncleaned ducts will cause dirt, dust, debris, bacteria, mold, and pollutants to build up obstructing airflow and leading to poor indoor air quality.
Residential Air Duct Maintenance
Is your residential heating and cooling system not functioning properly? Do you suspect any of the above duct issues? If so, it’s time to schedule a maintenance check and duct cleaning.
AAA Heating & Cooling has been serving the Portland area for over 60 years, and can get your residential HVAC system up and running in no time.
Research by the EPA has shown that professional duct cleaning may allow residential HVAC systems to run more efficiently by removing debris from sensitive mechanical components. Clean, efficient systems are:
- Less likely to break down
- Have a longer lifespan
- Generally operate more effectively
According to the EPA (U.S Environmental Protection Agency), it’s a good idea to have the air ducts in your home professionally cleaned if:
- There is substantial mold growth inside your ducts or on other components of your HVAC system
- Your ducts are infested with rodents or insects
- Your ducts are clogged with dust or debris
- Visible particles are being released from your vents into the air of your home
Our Home Duct Cleaning Promise
AAA Heating & Cooling’s residential HVAC team is the premier duct remediation resource in Portland and has been serving the area since 1961. We have the knowledge and expertise required for any residential duct cleaning job.
Our skilled technicians continually work on their HVAC education and update their safety training per NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaners Association) standards.
We take pride in our residential air quality and respiratory program, and our team will expertly clean your air ducts to:
- Remove contaminants from the air in your home
- Improve airflow
- Increase the efficiency of your heating and cooling system, and
- Reduce the risk of fires