Commercial Split System Resources
If you are a Portland business owner, you know how important it is to keep your commercial space cool during the summer and heated through the winter. A properly installed commercial split system will keep you, your employees, and your customers at a comfortable temperature all year long.
Split systems provide both heating and cooling and consist of three main components:
- An indoor cabinet containing evaporator coil
- An outdoor cabinet that holds a compressor and a condenser
- An air handler that distributes air through the duct system
Maintaining your commercial HVAC system is vital to keeping your business running and reducing overhead costs. In addition, a split system can provide protection from allergens and pollutants in your commercial space. Discover the most common issues for commercial split systems so you can make an informed decision about buying a new unit and choosing the best unit for your business.
Common Issues with Commercial Split Systems
If you know how to troubleshoot your commercial split system, you’ll be able to quickly fix the problem, know when to call an HVAC expert, and decide if it’s time to install a new system. If your split system is not functioning properly, you may be able to determine the cause with a few easy checks.
- Make sure the unit is turned on and connected to a power supply
- Make sure the circuit breakers are switched on and reset them if needed
- Check to see if the thermostat is functioning and has working batteries
- Check the air filters for dirt and debris and replace them, if needed
- Clean dirt and debris off the condenser coils on the outdoor cabinet
- Check the refrigerant level
- Move electronic equipment away from the thermostat to prevent it from sensing the heat
Buying a New Commercial Split System for Your Business
If you’re unable to diagnose the problem with a faulty commercial split system on your own, schedule a service appointment with a skilled HVAC technician. AAA Heating & Cooling has the training and experience to troubleshoot any commercial HVAC problem. If we can’t remedy the issue, we may recommend a new commercial split system for your business. Our heating and cooling design specialists will help you find an HVAC system that fits the specific needs of your business.
The commercial split systems from AAA Heating & Cooling provide:
- Dependable heating and cooling for virtually any commercial space
- Energy efficiency and high performance
- Overhead cost savings
- Improved air quality and climate control
- Modern, programmable and remote-controlled thermostats
Commercial Split System Tips
AAA Heating & Cooling is dedicated to providing our commercial customers with the best products, services, and information. With proper knowledge about how your HVAC unit works, you’ll be able to keep your commercial split system running efficiently and safely year-round. Discover our best commercial HVAC care and prevention tips below!
- Schedule routine maintenance, even if your commercial split system is running properly.
- Program the thermostat to turn off at night and/or when your commercial space is not being occupied.
- Make sure all windows in your commercial space are sealed.
- Check to make sure the air vents are not blocked by furniture or other items that may obstruct airflow.
- Close all shades when the weather is hot so that the split system does not use extra energy to cool your commercial space.
To learn more about properly maintaining a commercial split system or to schedule a service appointment, get in touch with the team at AAA Heating & Cooling today!