Are HVAC Preventive Maintenance Plans Worth It?
As a homeowner, you’ve probably heard local HVAC companies in Portland stress the importance of routine maintenance for your heating and cooling systems. However, you might be asking yourself if HVAC service plans are genuinely worth the cost. If you are looking to learn about heating and air conditioning maintenance, our contractors share all you need to know below.
Are Heating and Cooling Service Plans Worth It?
The short answer to the question is yes. Keeping your residential heating and cooling system in top shape means it will run more efficiently, promote longevity, and reduce failures down the road. Similar to how cars need tune-ups, heating and air conditioning equipment also benefit from professional maintenance. HVAC units are complex machines that require preventive care. Maintaining them even when it might seem unnecessary to pay for service when nothing is wrong with your system is important for keeping them running longer.
What Are the Advantages of Preventive Maintenance?
Standard maintenance keeps HVAC systems in excellent working order and has myriad benefits such as:
- Higher Energy Efficiency and Performance: Neglected HVAC systems can show signs of internal damage and inconsistent heating or cooling. All of which can impede energy efficiency and performance. Regular maintenance performed by a trusted technician translates into reduced energy costs and higher efficiency. During a standard check-up, your heating and cooling technician will clean and replace any damaged, dirty, or clogged components. This will help your system run more effectively and reduce unnecessary energy output.
- Improved Air Quality: Healthy indoor air quality (IAQ) is important to prevent allergies and other illnesses. In addition to heating and cooling, HVAC systems are also responsible for filtering pollutants from your air. In fact, the CDC reveals that indoor pollutants can be higher concentrations than those found outdoors! Therefore, it’s crucial to stay on top of maintenance to ensure good IAQ. Part of a routine service plan involves checking and replacing air filters, as well as inspecting ducts so that your HVAC unit doesn’t distribute mold, mildew, and other impurities throughout your home.
- Less Risk of Unexpected Breakdowns: If your heating or air conditioning equipment fails, a replacement can be costly. Routine maintenance can help mitigate the risks of mechanical breakdowns. Some studies have even shown that preventative maintenance can reduce breakdowns by as much as 95%. During an HVAC servicing, your Portland contractor thoroughly inspects faulty components and performs a safety check.
- Extended HVAC System Life: While all HVAC systems will at some point need to be replaced, most units can last for decades if properly maintained. Increase your heating and cooling unit’s longevity by having dedicated NATE-Certified technicians service every component of your home climate equipment. Not only will they clean air filters, inspect internal components, and seal ducts, they will also be able to identify potential issues before they become significant problems.
How Can AAA Heating and Cooling’s Planned Service Program Benefit Your Portland Home?
At AAA Heating and Cooling, we have over 60 years helping our local community with all of their HVAC needs. When you set up a service plan with us, you can expect qualified technicians and professional treatment of your heating and cooling units, including:
- Lubricating internal components
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Changing air filters
- Tightening electrical connections
- Inspect for signs of damage or corrosion
- Measure airflow
- Clean crucial components like furnace’s ignition assembly, condensate drain, blower, etc.
In addition to our expert service, when you sign up for our Planned Service Program, you will receive discounts on our annual, comprehensive maintenance plan. So not only will you extend the life of your HVAC system, but you’ll also save money!
Schedule a Maintenance Plan with Our Portland HVAC Services
At AAA Heating and Cooling, we work with your unique heating and cooling needs to develop a comprehensive maintenance plan and perform necessary repairs. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.